Trujillo is the capital of the region of La Libertad on the northern coast, and is the third largest city in Peru after Lima and Arequipa. This is where the Moche and Chimú civilizations developed between 200B.C. and 700A.D. Its year-round pleasant climate has earned it the title of “Capital of the Eternal Spring”. It has wonderful beaches, including the famous Huanchaco, which are sometimes venues for international surfing competitions. Fishermen still use reed canoes called “Caballitos de Tortora”, made the same way for thousands of years.
Category: "La Libertad & Trujillo Guide"
- Camina El Autor - Juancho's Travels in Peru
- My Slice of Peru - excellent personal Chiclayo blog
- Ward Welvaert - life and times in Cusco
- What We're Eating - what Peru is all about
- Rachel in Peru - Commentary on life and events in Peru
- HowToPeru - Travelling to Peru?
- Tarapoto Life - Tony Dunnell
- An American in Lima - life and times in Lima
- The Ultimate Peru List - moving to Peru? Look no further
- About.com Peru Travel - by Tony Dunnell
- Streets of Lima - by Ben Jonjak in Lima
- Malarkey en Perú - Alan's stays in the Imperial city of Q'osco, Piura and Cajamarca
- Inti Aperture - Marco's stories & photography
- Capital of Peru - Chris Smith's guide to Lima
- Expat Chronicles
- Karikuy - Honest tour company